Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 15, 2008

Teacher Appreciation






Sorry I have been absent for a few days. My kids started school this week and I was super busy getting them ready. There was school supply shopping, hair cuts, new clothes... new shoes... new EVERYTHING! My kids got bigger and taller! Why in the world do they have to grow so fast? LOL In addition to just "going back to school", we had to deal with starting NEW schools since we moved after the end of the last school year. There are new rules, new start times, new procedures and well... new EVERYTHING. A part of me feels guilty that they have to start over, but part of me is happy and excited for all the things to come in their new schools. :)


My son started 8th grade in middle school. EEEK! Can you believe I am the mother of a teen? EEEK again! My girls are both in elementary school still (3rd and 5th grade). I am grateful for all their teachers as they have been VERY accommodating and helpful to me and my children this first week of school. To show my appreciation for their help in our new surroundings I wanted to make a little gift for each of the elementary school teachers.


This little bag took me forever to nail down. I started with a pattern similar to the Halloween bag I made HERE. I wanted to make it without having to trace and cut from a pattern. As a general rule I avoid cutting lines with scissors when at all possible. I like things clean and precise and cutting with scissors is just against my better judgment. The pattern is original. It can be modified to fit lots of different things. For this bag, I sized it to fit a Michaels $ stamp. It is one that the teachers can stamp on the kid's papers. The finished size is about 2.5 X 3 1/2. I hope the teachers like it. :)


Stamps: Kim Hughes school set, SU linen

Ink: Versamark, cocoa classic and craft, choc craft

Paper: cocoa, choc chip

Accessories: Janome sewing machine and thick brown thread, label punch, circle punch, word window punch, lg oval punch, PTI ribbon, twine, SU twill tape, Basic Grey magnet for closure on twill tape, black dimensional booster, red line tape, sponge

16 comments:

  1. id say they were happy teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! As a retired teacher I know they will love it. Teachers need to be reminded that they are appreciated. The bags have a very crisp finished look and I love the design. Great going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could they not love these bags...they are beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very very awesome is that!!! I looove that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody, these are so wonderful. Love your design. My daughter is a teacher and I know these would make her day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is just beautiful. Your kids teachers are really lucky to get this sweet handmade project. A lot of love went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why didn't you post this yesterday so I could have CASED this for today's 1st day of school dropoff?? HA HA HA! WONDERFUL idea, Jody and I LOOOOOOOOVE the new mugshot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bag. It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure the teacher is going to just love this, very thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift to show your appreciation! They'll love it.. BTW...love your new mug shot...hmmm maybe it's not new and I just noticed???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bags, they are really well done. Your new picture looks really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gift idea Jody!! I love every detail and I am sure the teacher will too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jody, this little bag is sleek and fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect! Something cute and usable yet not expensive for the first day of school. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 5th grade!! Your daughter is going to fifth grade! I might be slightly partical to it, since that's the grade I teach, but it's the truth! :)
    This is an adorable project - I know I would have appreciated it!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, these are really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover