Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2008

Clearly Unforgettable!






Here is another project I created with the new A Muse calendar download! This time, I used the A2 perpetual calendar! I told you I was getting lots of use out of these super cool calendars! :)


This project should leave important birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates UNFORGETABLE!


This perpetual calendar is constructed by starting with a clear, soft fold A2 sized clear, card box. You can find them HERE. I assembled the box and then cut off the top SIDE flaps with scissors. Then, I measured the sides of the box and cut patterned paper to fit on the back, bottom and sides of the box. The sides and bottom patterned papers should be facing in AND out since it will be hung and those parts will show. You don't want it to look unfinished do you? LOL The flap was showing on the lower front of the box and it was bugging me, so I decided to add a strip of patterned paper to the outside of the box to conceal it. Since I wanted ALL the dates showing on my perpetual calendar, I then had to cut a "U" shaped piece of card stock to tape in the bottom of the box that would boost the calendar pages up above the line of the patterned paper. I carefully slipped it in there and adhered it with red line adhesive. I left the "lid" of the clear box on and used it to anchor some jumbo brads to so that I could hang my calendar by ribbon. Each calendar page was sponge brayered with grey ink to give it a distressed look. All the patterned paper is distressed and the calendar pages were just too white. I then direct to paper inked the edges with grey dye ink to further distress them. I added a tab to the top of each calendar page. I use the round tab punch, but in some areas, the rounded part of the punch was covering the month, so I decided to cut off each tab where it started to round. It was fairly easy to do. I just held it tightly on my paper trimmer and slid the blade. I only had a few mishaps. LOL I added one "ribbon bundle" when I knotted the ribbon by which the card box will hang. It needed some pizazz. LOL


The trick to using this is: IT NEEDS TO BE HUNG IN AN AREA YOU LOOK AT OFTEN! Then hopefully you will not forget an important date. :) I plan to hang it near the light switch in my stamp room! Simply display the current month and when the next month rolls around, move the page to the back of the stack and show the current month.


Stamps: none

Ink: basic grey, going grey

Paper: Basic Grey Ambrosia, PTI white, red riding hood

Accessories: clear card box, lots of ribbon, round tab punch, cropodile, sponge brayer, red line adhesive, jumbo brads SU

6 comments:

  1. You are BRILLIANT! I am SO going to make myself one of these!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing project, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *need* one of these! Great idea and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHUT UP!! This is genius, Jody -- LOVE this idea, so darn cute, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Jody, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant way to use the clear card box. I just love the tabs & of course all of that gorgeous ribbon! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover