Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

May 14, 2008

Cowgirl Star



This stamp was a gift from my wonderful friend, KAREN! She is so sweet! :) I had it sitting on my desk and decided to give it a whirl. The image is stamped in chocolate craft ink. See the barbed wire stamped in Versamark on the main panel? I LOVE that stamp. It is made by the same company, Deadbeat Designs. They offer a whole line of "Texan" stamps.


After I stamped all the pieces of the card, I taped them all down. I then cut out the largest star from the STICKY STARS and laid it in the corner where I wanted it. This went over 3 different layers of card stock. Then I removed the red liner, heated lightly and dumped some chocolate glitter over the star! I added a center star embellishment (stamp also from Deadbeat) and popped that up using a RED LINE CIRCLE BOOSTER. It is adhered tightly even though it is attached to glitter. :) I finished off the card by adding some distressed edges to some of the layers.
Sketch is from The Cat's Pajama's Tuesday. Check it out HERE!


TIP: If you have already assembled your card and decide you want to distress the edges of your card stock, simply use a bone folder to pry up the edges and distress. I rub back and forth under the layer and sometimes curl it with my fingertips.


Stamps: Deadbeat Designs, SU BG, Hero Arts flourish

Ink: chocolate craft, Versamark, blue bayou

Paper: blue bayou, BoBunny Patterned Paper, soft sky, chocolate chip

Accessories: STICKY STAR, copper brads, help, Nestabilities, circle punch, TWIG glitter, tonic paper distresser, bone folder
Remember, the STICKY SALE ends on Wednesday evening. I will be calling in the final order on Thursday morning.

11 comments:

  1. I totally thought that was framed when I first saw it! Really!! But don't you know, C is for CAROLE! And cookie... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Jody! Love that glittery star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of the cards using the sticky are BEAUTIFUL! The ric rac sticky on the flower cards adds an interesting element. Thanks for the reminder on the sticky order - I almost foget to place mine!!! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the bg design and the jute in the corner is a neat touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Jody!! Love the sparkly star!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hola!! this is greatness!!! i love the western look!! you didn't mention it in your post, but it really looks like the cat's pajamas sketch for tcp tuesday. you should enter it to win cat cash!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love this so fabulous and the cards below are absolutely beautiful!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I see that you used "chocolate glitter?" WHERE do I find that??? Sounds like something I need! lol. Adorable card, J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Jody! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic!! Love the distressing and the hemp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, love your star, and love the layout, TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover