Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 20, 2012

Mad Scientist - MFT VIP


Hi all!  It's MFT VIP time and you can buy the Amazing & Magical VIP Collection right HERE.  It's only available in limited supply, so if you want it, grab it before it sells out.  

This month's VIP collection is so super cute and contains 3 stamp sets and 2 Die-namics dies that will inspire you to make some cool concoctions in your craft room. 

Here is what I cooked up in my craft "lab":


I couldn't resist the cute little Pure Innocence Scientist.  Isn't she adorable?  I think the Chevron Stripes are PERFECT for this little cutie. They look very "scientific".  LOL  I kept the focus on the cute image and Chevron Stripes Die-namics, which left little room for anything else.  So I went with it.  Science Labs are crisp, clean, and sterile, right?  Much like this card... LOL



I did something REALLY weird when I made this card... I used Prismacolor pencils.  LOL  I wanted a softer look and colored pencils are just what the doctor scientist ordered.



I've this pack of 4 test tubes with cork stoppers for years.  I bought them in Target dollar spot and they contained gel pens, which I gave to my daughters.  I created this box from scratch using the diameter of the test tubes, a ruler, paper, and pencil.  I felt so... scientific.  LOL  



This super cute sentiment comes in the FREE mini sentiment set in the VIP collection.   ADORABLE.  I stamped it on the Mini Bracket Tab.



It always feels kinda wrong for me to chop apart these cute little PIs, but in this case, I HAD to.  :)  I wanted to jazz up the test tube holder box!  She is colored with Prismacolor pencils also.  I used the Chevron Stripes to create a fun background on the front of the box as well.



I decorated the tops of the test tubes also.



Here is a peek at how I created the Chevron Stripes Background.


1.) Cut a ton of Chevron Stripes.  Let me fill you in on a fun tip - If you keep your Chevron Stripes connected, when you die-cut them, you will get a third Chevron in the center of the 2 die-cuts.  You'll save a little bit of time cutting.  Score.  I cut a piece of paper wider than I needed it, but exactly as tall as I wanted it.



Add some adhesive to the stripes themselves OR a strip down each side (which you can cut off later).



Lay out your Chevron Stripes as you wish.  Remember, you can use the background card stock as an additional stripe color.



Here it is all laid out and ready to trim.



This is the finished background piece, which I also machine stitched.



Ready to shop?

Here is a look at everything you'll get in your VIP Collection:



It's time to head over to the MFT Blog for the New Product Tour, where you'll find samples from the entire MFT Design Team using the Amazing & Magical VIP Collection contents!  



Pin It

18 comments:

  1. This is incredible. I am in love with your pencil treatment and that background. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those chevrons! This is a totally cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your chevron background you created

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the chevron background you created, Jody, that is Awesome!! Your colouring is Amazing and I love both the card and the test-tube tops and holder. Excellent projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute, love the background you made and the soft look of the pencils, I have been thinking about using my prisma's again too, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were u thinking of me for this project.... :)!!
    Love it GF! That Die is to die for, oh ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, yeah, baby! NOW that's some chevrons!!!! loooove the background you created and your test tubes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! Love that you used pencils and the test tube holder is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chevron tutorial! Very helpful, excellent for a background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! the chevron background is fab!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loveeeee the test tubes! What a perfect idea. Of course, I'm a fan of the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is genius! Love what you did with the chevrons! I can't wait to use mine....didn't get them quite in time for this but I will be showing them some love soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are WAY too fabulous for words!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius!! Love it!!!

    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the awesome Chevron tutorial Jody! And boy do I love your prisma coloring, very soft and sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, love your blog and can't wait to get these dies for our customers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER chevron striped background! Lots of work but what a great look! Thanks for the tip on cutting. Your PI is darling and colored very nicely, too. Cute test tube embellishing, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great background and many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover