Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 4, 2010

A NEW Die-namics die... and a MUST HAVE tool

Hi everyone!  I was SO excited about a new tool I bought last Thursday, I HAD to post twice today.  :) 

Where have you been all my life Paper Quilling tool?  Not familiar with paper quilling?  It's rolling thin strips of paper and then shaping them into things and gluing those shapes onto cards and other forms of art.  While I won't be delving into that craft... I will be borrowing their tool of choice for making rolled flowers.  O M G it is SO easy to make them using it!

Here is a rolled flower I created with the Die-namices rolled flower die and a paper quilling tool, along with the die-cut prior to rolling.  See how nice and neat it came out and how tiny the center is?  Loooooooove that! 


Here is the amazing tool.  There is a silver tip that has a slit built into the tip.  It is JUST big enough to slide card stock in to. 

Where I bought it: Hobby Lobby
Price: $3.99


Here is a peek at a NEW Die-namics die being released on October 6th, the new Rolled Rose.  Just slide the outer edge of the rolled flower die-cut into the end of the paper quiller.


Then, rotate the easy-to-handle tool in your fingers to begin wrapping the die-cut around the paper quiller.  I just spun it in my fingers, while lightly guiding it with my other hand. 


This is what it looks like when it is all rolled up.  See the circular area at the base of the flower?  That is where you add your glue dot. 


Squish the flower down over your glue dot, and here is the finished product.  I love how tight I can get the centers with the quilling tool.  I wasn't able to do that before, when I was using a bamboo skewer.  LOL


Here is another look at the tool, some assembled Rolled Rose flowers, Rolled Flowers, and some of the unrolled die-cuts. 


You NEED this tool.  Run, don't walk... go buy one... TODAY.  :)

And don't forget the new Rolled Rose Die-namics die will be available on October 6th. :)

21 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this tip, and I HAVE a quilling tool already. I must try this tonight! And I can't wait to get the rolled rose die! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome flowers! I can vouch for using a quilling tool as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! Running now...LOL! Seriously cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally running for one of these! LOVE your gorgeous flowers & my poor fingers will be so glad to have the help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, that is STINKIN HILARIOUS!!!! I JUST, not kidding, JUST bought one today after smackin myself upside the head when it donned on me.... I have been using a SUCKER STICK for crap sake... no, NOT used... cut off the end... LOL

    SO excited to give it a whirl... especially for those roses I see a comin....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WILL be running to Hobby Lobby and I can't wait till the rolled rose die comes out! Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your flip Halloween calendar today over at Sassy Sites! Come by and check it out and don't forget to grab a featured button!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your flowers and bought the *Die-namics* because of You :)

    Now I need to find this tool (no Hobby Lobby in Ontario, Canada)...wish me luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmmmm I have a quilling tool somewhere from years ago ... now I will need to go searching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeousness!!! Your flowers are lovely. Where is this die from? I made 250+ roses for my daughters wedding this summer and the old style quilling tool was my lifesaver!!! your tool looks like it has a comfortable handle. :-) TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...thanks for the advise. Your flowers look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cool, now to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooooh, I can't wait! Thx for the tutorial!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks awesome! I'm really loving that rose die, it looks fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow - I had not thought to use that tool. I know I have one hiding some place so I am off to hunt for it and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello my new paper quilling tool friend. just wait patiently at hobby lobby until i can drive in two weeks. mommy will come and get you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! Those dies have been KICKING my butt!! I seriously have a dozen cut out flowers that I can't use. To Hobby Lobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well that's been my problem.... another tutorial I saw showed to started at the middle!! (Where YOU end up!)! No wonder mine wasn't working!! Have been quilling for a while...you can make ANYTHING out of it...fish, penguins are SO cute!! So I knew that was the tool to use. Thanks for showing me the CORRECT way to use my newest dienamic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was the glue dot that was a big aha for me! thanks, Between your 2 tips and the lovely dies with built in perfect bases...I should be a happy crafter, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for your tutorial!! I had no idea how to roll it. I was rolling the center first and it kept looking rediculous! Aha! Now I know why! :)
    Thanks again!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover