Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 14, 2010

A Calendar for Charley's Fund - A Muse Calendar Project



Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by. 

I am proud and honored to have been asked by A Muse to help promote their charity calendar for the third year in a row.  This year, the proceeds of the calendar will be donated to Charley's fund.  I urge you to read the story of Charley's Fund HERE.  Have some tissues available, then be sure to make yourself a note to stop by A Muse on the 15th to donate.

This year, A Muse is offering five versions of the calendar and thanks to my whining persistence request, each format will come with a FREE black and white version to make your stamping easier.  Use whatever color combo you would like to and don't worry about whether it matches or not. 

Here is some info about the calendars, straight from the A Muse blog:

A2 - This Calendar includes 16 calendar months (Sept '10 through Dec '11) and a perpetual calendar to keep track of birthdays and other special events. 4 months/8.5" x 11" page.


4" square - This calendar includes 16 calendar months (Sept '10 through Dec '11) and a perpetual calendar. This calendar has a grey frame around the months. This is the original calendar format I created for my girls and the lines were to help with cutting. 4 months/8.5' x 11" page.


NEW! 4" x 6" - This calendar includes 16 calendar months (Sept '10 through Dec '11). There is no perpetual calendar with this version. This calendar includes crop lines for easy trimming. 2 months/8.5" x 11" page.


Full Page - This Calendar includes 16 calendar months (Sept '10 through Dec '11). There is no perpetual calendar with this version. This calendar prints one month/8.5" x 11" page.


Mini - This Calendar includes 12 months (Jan '11 through Dec '11). There is no perpetual calendar with this version. This calendar prints on one 8.5" x 11" page.


With the purchase of each calendar format, you will receive both a color and a B&W version. Thank you to all of our calendar customers that suggested this!


Please note: The A Muse Calendars are a download product only (nothing will be shipped to you.) There are five different versions available this year. For a small donation, you are able to download the calendar file and print as many copies are you like for personal use or to create handcrafted items for resale. Calendars make a wonderful gift for family, friends and co-workers.



The calendars will be available on September 15th and I hope you ALL buy one (or more) of the calendar formats.  The thing I LOVE about this project is that ANYONE can afford to help this cause.  It's a small amount of money, and you can feel good about doing it.  That is the BEST kind of charity for a stay-at-home like me.  Even if you don't WANT to make a calendar... I hope you'll still donate by purchasing one.  :) 

OK, on to my project details...

I had a LOT of fun coming up with this calendar.  I decided to use the mini version of the calendar and to jazz it up with one of my favorite Basic Grey lines: Origins.  I had quite a bit of it left and believe it or not I get EXCITED when I use up patterned paper.  It's almost a personal mission to use as much as humanly possible, so that I can toss the random pieces in my scrap box (which I donate) and move on to the next pack.

I started by printing out the mini calendar and taking a look at it.  I decided that it was going to be a challenge for me to trim them precisely, so it was Make The Cut to the rescue!  :)  I was able to make a cut file that perfectly cut out all 15 squares at once.  Impressed?  LOL  I was SO excited that I was able to do it!  I am more than happy to share my cut file with anyone who purchases the mini version of the calendar, AND I will even share the file that cuts the black mats for each calendar.  Simply forward me your order confirmation showing you purchased the mini version, and I will e-mail it to you. :) (To use it, you will need a Cricut Expression and Make The Cut software.)

Here is a picture of the box that holds all the individual calendar pages and the March finished calendar page.  This is a gift box that will look cute sitting on a table somewhere, and includes the plate stand to hold each month's calendar.


Here is a closer shot of the lid.  I used the included 2011 printed square, and stamped some tress from a SU set I have (Trendy Trees I think).  I stitched around the large panel and added some copper brads, ruffled ribbon, and some twine. 


Here is a shot of the inside of the lid.  Linda from A Muse even thought to include a special "gift tag" square, which I dressed up and then attached to the inside of the lid.  I adhered it to a decorative panel. 


Another cute feature is the inclusion of this cute component; the year of the rabbit tag.  I added it to the bottom of the box, like a price tag.  LOL  I had to include all the parts and pieces. 


Here is the finished March page.  You can see I kept it fairly simple, just adding brads, stitching, ribbon, twine and the tiny calendar to each page.


Here is the finished October page.  I tried to incorporate a feel for each month by trying to dress the tree accordingly.  On this one, the tree leaves are starting to turn.  :)


Finally, here is a group shot of all 12 months pages completed.  You can see I also used up all my Origins stitched flowers.  :)  I think something like this makes a great gift and doesn't cost a ton of money.  The best part?  This calendar prints on ONE sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 paper!  With one purchase, you can print as many as you want to!  *word*  LOL


Again, the calendar downloads go on sale on September 15th.  I hope A Muse (and Charley's Fund) can count on you to support the cause this year.  :)

Want to see some inspiring projects designed by the A Muse design team?  Click on over here for a peek at day one's inspiration.

Have a great day and I'll see you soon.  My desk is covered in blog-able projects!  *yay*

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this project Jody!! All those sweet accents and the colours...perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!! I will absolutely be making my donation tomorrow!!! Thanks for always sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jody! This project is amazing!!!! How long did it take you to do all of those? What a wonderful gift that would make! I might have to "case" your idea! Of course, it would never look as wonderful as yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. The products you pulled together to create this project are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that was hard to read. Heart wrenching. I will be purchasing mine tomorrow. Your project is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is a fabulous project! You did Linda and A Muse proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job! Your calendar's are so inspiring! Love the DP papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, Jody! I'm so excited they are doing this again this year and for such a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful and "dang" your stitching is PERFECT!! Love the project!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathyc on SCS9/14/2010 8:55 PM

    It's no wonder they always invite you back, your calendar projects are amzing and this years is no exception! Love the package concept! Thanks for your persistance about the black and white too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this rocks! Love the cohesiveness of the trees and how you presented it in the gift box....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody, I just love everything about this project!! You ROCK girl!! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! absolutley adorable! Everything about it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is so beautifully detailed, Jody! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome project! Can you tell me what size the individual calendars are when you cut them apart? It says it prints on one 8 1/2 x 11...but doesn't give the dimension of each calendar.

    thanks!
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful project!!!
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW. That is a LOT of work but SOOO worth it! That is a FABULOUS gift, Jody! (Or a nice thing to keep for yourself! lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get out! Another brilliant idea! Love the warm papers you used and that is one of my fave SU! sets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jody, this project is beautiful. Did you purchase the box and if so were or did you make the box? I think these would make wonderful christmas gifts. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Calendar - I love the tree theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover