Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 2, 2010

NEW Illustrator for MFT: Jolinne

Hi all and welcome to day 4 of MFTeaser Time!  Today, we are featuring stamp sets by the BRAND NEW Illustrator to MFT.  Announcing.....  (drum roll please)

Jolinne

She is the newest member of the MFT family.  A sweet, dainty face... delicate lines and so many possibilities!  Want to see all the designer's creations for today's stamp sets?  Head on over to Kim's blog.  She'll have the entire line-up of participating designers and you'll definitely want to visit all of them!  This set and a whole bunch more will be available on February 3rd at 10 PM EST in the MFT store

For my first card, I chose to use Miss You Much Jolinne.  She is so cute perched on top of a stack of suitcases.  I was inspired by that and decided to make my card resemble a piece of luggage.  The front of the card is the luggage.



I cut a piece of hot fudge card stock to 5 1/4 X 5 1/4 and layered a piece of patterned paper over it.  I used the tote die cut (available in my die cut store) for the handle.  The "straps" are 5 1/4 X 3/4" and are adhered and then stitched.  I added copper brads down the center of each strap.  The luggage tag was made by googling a picture of one and then recreating it "paper-style". :)  I even added a REAL buckle from my WeRMK copper metal embellishment kit. 







The inside contains the Jolinne image and the other sentiment included in the stamp set.  She is paper pieced and colored with Copic markers.  I wanted to include embellishments on the inside, because this card is "inside out", so when I scored my card base, I allowed a 1/8" spine instead of a single score line.  This allows my card to close properly and allotted room for all the fun stuff and layers inside. 




Here is what the card looks like from a distance, so you can get the gist of how it was constructed.




So, what do you think?  Isn't Jolinne sweet?

Remember to hop on over to Kim's blog to see more paper creations using the new Jolinne line. 

Stamps: Miss You Much Jolinne by MFT (available Feb 3rd at 10 PM EST at MFT)
Ink: Memento black, PTI black
Paper: white, hot fudge, Basic Grey
Accessories: Copic markers, Janome sew mini, copper brads, punches, tote die cut, WeRMK metal embellishments, Nesties, flower punch, red line tape, red line dimensionals, paper piercer, clear embossing powder (sentiment)

24 comments:

  1. super cute Jody, love the suitcase shape

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I tell you often and I'll tell you again...you are brilliant! Ha! Love the suitcase shape! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! The suitcase is fabulous and I love the image inside!! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the top cute, girl!!! I love it! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hold my breath when it gets to you on the list... That way I have it a lil longer as your cards always take my breath away... They are TDF Over the top WOW!!!!!

    YOU my friend are SO creative!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stinin' cute Jody! Such a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That suitcase is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa. Look. At. That. Suitcase. Whoa.

    {waving} Hi Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative! I love the luggage idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maaaaan oh MAN! Who woulda ever thought of something so completely brilliant? (Only you!) I love love the idea of decorating the inside of a shaped card--that is insanely original & Soooooh pleasing! And the way you did the tag. You sure BRING it, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great project and very cute Jolinne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your card blew me away. What a creative idea. I love everything about Jolinne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brillant Jodi!! I just love it and that stamp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just so creative! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're just having too much fun with these stamps Jody. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing and clever design, Jody! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ZThis is awesome Jody! I love the suitcase design!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just too cute!! Love the luggage-y look to the whole thing! You are so brilliant it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this, Jody! You clever, clever girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover