Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2008

Halloween Countdown Calendar





I made this countdown calendar using my new A Muse calendar download found HERE. Make sure you read my previous post about the A Muse calendars for the opportunity to get WARM AND FUZZY! :)


For this project I used the square format calendar HERE. It is PERFECT for using with your chipboard coasters.


For my countdown calendar, I first used my Xyron machine to adhere paper to both side of 2 chipboard coasters (one for the cover, one for the back cover). Then, I added the title of my calendar countdown book using an A Muse sentiment and SU alphabits. The witch is a punch from Martha Stewart. I only wanted to count down the last THIRTEEN spooky days before Halloween, so I used a 1/4 inch circle punch to punch orange and black dots and used them to cover the days I am not using on my October calendar page. The book can be left opened to this page until the 18th. On the 18th, the page should be flipped and the countdown officially begins. There is one page per day that counts down to Halloween. The next page is the number 13 and on the 30th, the page would say 1... then your little trick or treaters can go to bed knowing that the next day is HALLOWEEN. :)


I think this would be cute to set out on the kitchen counter or entry way. :)


Do you want to recreate this project?




Stamps: A Muse sentiment, SU alphabits, A Muse Boris, Bernice, "this book belongs to", witch feet, witch broom, witch hat, spooky tree, poison bottle, witches brew, pumpkin truck

Ink: Memento Black

Paper: SU Halloween paper, black, pumpkin, PTI white

Accessories: ribbon, Martha Stewart punch, 1/4 inch circle punch, word window punch, curly label punch SU, Copic markers, bat brads MM, paper piercer and mat, CB red tag sale alphabet dies, Xyron, stapler, Chipboard coasters, Basic Grey file kit, Bind It All and coil

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover