Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 15, 2008

Acrylic Frame Calendar




I told you I have been busy right? LOL Here is yet ANOTHER calendar project! This time, I used the A2 version. I love this version, because there is plenty of white space at the top of the calendar that you can use to stamp in. Once you download your calendar and print it out, you just cut it into fourths and get busy decorating. :)


I have to be honest and confess that I have only made 2 pages of this calendar so far. LMBO! I WILL make the rest, but I wanted to show you my idea nonetheless. :)


This is a cheapo 5 X 7 acrylic frame. I think I bought 1o of these for about $5 several years ago! I am so glad I have a stash of them so I can make some of these as Christmas gifts this year! These would also be a great craft fair item.


You would complete all 12 pages, but only insert one at a time. The others can be kept somewhere else and switched out throughout the year. I will be placing mine on my sofa table and putting the extra pages in the drawer below.


I kept these very simple and used only A Muse stamps. My December page uses an Elzybells girl pulling a sled full of Christmas goodies (distributed by A Muse). :) She is colored with Copic markers. I stitched around the edges of the card stock. Since these pages will be inserted into a flat acrylic frame, you cannot use any thick embellishments. I did use 4 layers of card stock and it fits fine. :) I am SO excited about my January page. I am HOPING you see my vision. Mr. Penguin is dressed in his tux and bow tie (cut out from card stock). He is in New York City watching the big shiny ball drop in Time Square. Well... did you get it? LOL My hubby was iffy on whether or not I executed my idea well enough, so I need some reassurance if you DO get it. LOL Again, simple coloring, a flat sequin as an embellishment and some stitching completed this calendar page. I can't wait to finish the set with more fun papers and images. The great thing about this project is you can customize each page season appropriately and they don't all have to match since they will not be viewed as a set. :)




Stamps: A Muse penguin, skyline, Elzybells sled girl


Paper: Basic Grey, SU black, PTI white

Accessories: Janome sewing machine, Copic markers, Snowman bling (for "ball"), black marker for drawing the line under the buildings

7 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!! I luff luff LUFF this!! I NEED to get the cityscape stamp NOW!!!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW, girl! These ALL rock! (Do you sleep?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN!! Is somebody bringing you food and water?? Cause you have been BUSY creating!!! Awesome once again!! YOU WIN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fabulous..I won't ask, but since everyone else did, but seriously, I am worried about your health...have you slept or eaten recently..oops, I asked...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Adorable! Love the simplicity of this with the gorgeous dp and your perfectly coloured images. Loveliness! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have I been, Jodi you have the one of the cutest blogs out there! Thanks for your creativity & sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVe your calendar projects!! I ordered my own calendars online today and was wondering if you might know how long it takes for them to send you the downloadable link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover