Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 24, 2008

So Glad We're Friends!



Whew! I finally got stamping time in! This past week was a little busy! I had 2 sicks girls that missed 2 days of school each (ALREADY), a sick hubby, my 32nd birthday and a stamp room SO messy I couldn't bear to step foot in it! The girls are now feeling much better and will return to school tomorrow. My hubby is at work today and the girls went to visit him. I have been home with just my 13 year old son for the past 4 hours. I cleaned my stamp room, mounted my new stamps and got stamping! YAY!


I grabbed my favorite new stamp set, Inspired By Nature. I love the big bold flowers! They remind me of Penny Black stamps which I LOVE. I stamped the flowers in choc craft on Kraft patterned paper (part of the hostess paper pack). Then, I stamped Friend Definition BG stamp over the flowers in white craft. Everything else is pretty much straightforward. I added some stitching, some of the FAB new stitched grosgrain (SU), a felt flower also by Stampin Up and a sentiment stamped and then punched out with the new SU punch Curvy Label.


Stamps: Inspired by Nature SU, Friend Definition (SU), sentiment (SU hostess set)

Ink: Choc craft, white craft

Paper: chocolate, kraft, white, kraft patterned paper

Accessories: Janome sewing machine and brown thread, copper brads, SU felt flower, SU curvy label punch, SU stitched grosgrain ribbon, bone folder, black dimensional boosters

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Jody! I love this in the browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Jody! Love how you kissed the BG stamp onto the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the wide ribbon!!!
    Beautiful browns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly, I feel COMPLETELY enabled now..I need ALLL of that!!!LOL!! Your card is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it- simple but elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that everyone was sick...yucky! Glad to hear everyone is well now though!

    Oh I'm soooooooo glad I ordered this set now...you have showcased it wonderfully Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, the stamping over the flowers is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty!! I love that it's ALL brown! Sorry to hear your people have all been sick. I'm glad everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody - this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and the way you stamped the words over it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry everyone's been sick! I hope things are getting better!

    I love everything you've done with your new SU! -- but this one is so fantastic!! I LOVE the browns, and the Friend Definition bg just pops over the dark silhouette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is a beauty. Wonderful monochromatic color scheme and super design! Love all the new goodies you used -- the sentiment looks great stamped on the new curvy label, and now I can't wait to get my hands on the new choc. chip felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Jody, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fall off your chair gorgeous, Jody! The browns are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover