Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 12, 2008

Put on your Sunglasses





It is not often you will see me using super bright colors. That is a little ironic since when I first starting stamping over 5 years ago, the first set of ink, paper and embellishments I purchased from Stampin Up was bold brights. I remember those "stamping" days quite well. I had to put stamping in quotes because really... what I was doing was NOT stamping. LOL I would throw down some ink (and maybe a few fingerprints) and call it a card! ICK! *shudder* LOL


I pulled out the bright colors and my new sock monkey set to make a birthday gift for a friend of mine. She loves bright colors and I aim to please so... put on your sunglasses. :) This card is full of irony because never in a million years would I have thought I wanted a sock monkey set, but I saw it... it called my name and the rest is history. I think he's pretty cute! :)


I plan to put some gifties in the tin for her. I hope she likes it.


I hope you all are having a wonderful day and I hope you didn't get a sunburn after viewing this set. :)


Oh and Carole... I was thinking about you when I made this card. :)
Stamps: sock monkey, SU sentiment
Ink: Memento Black Ink (LOVE THIS for Copics)
Paper: Making Memories patterned paper, green galore, pumpkin pie, PTI white, black
Accessories: Copics, SU ribbon, May Arts ribbon, fuzzy brad, Nestabilities, Heidi Swapp ghost shape, tea tin, 1/4" red line tape, stickles, black dimensional boosters, punches


9 comments:

  1. Super cute, love your bright monkey! The tin is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! A cute monkey set, there, Jody!! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW I love every single thing about this! I swear, I was reading through thinking, 'But my birthday isn't for a few months...' LOL! I adore this monkey and can't wait for mine to come in!!! Big smile on my face looking at this fun stuff -- you should use BBs more often!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I was on the fence with this one but you've sold me on it...lol! You made him look cute!! Great gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sock monkey is really really cute, and I LOVE the colors. I am really partial to brights :)

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not usually a bright colored person either, but I really like how this card turned out!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute!! You totally just made me have flashbacks too! I look back and see the same things, and the BB were my first too....unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I CANNOT believe you made that monkey CUTE! - Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not like the sock monkey at all and didn't 'get' why others were raving about him. BUT your set is so cute, I think I'm changing my mind about getting him. rofl Wonderful card/gift set. Your friend is lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate you reading my blog.

 
Pin It button on image hover