Admin Control Panel

New Post Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 15, 2008

My New Stamp Room!

Hi everyone! My reward after moving was being able to set up my new, bigger stamp room! I am SO excited to be able to have a space that I can actually WALK in. In my previous stamp room, I was able to leap from one empty spot on the floor to another! LOL I was lucky to be able to have a space that was 12 X 12 to work on. LOL I had so much stuff on my table because I didn't have anywhere else to put it, that it left me little space to work on. Now I have three stamp tables set up and have plenty of space! I am in stamp room heaven. Now, I realize that there are many stamp rooms out there that have beautiful furniture, paint, "pro" organizing tools and that are just plain awesome! My room is NOT that! LOL It is functional, organized and set up in a way that I will be able to use (and find) all my goodies. :) That is enough for me. :)

Here is what I like to call my tower of power! LOL I started with a couple drawer sets a couple years ago and it has evolved to this! LMBO! I like to be able to find what I am looking for and the best way to achieve that is shallow drawers. That is why I love these! You can lay most of your things in these drawers in ONE layer and be able to open them and see exactly what you have in them. I love it. I like being able to see all my stamps at a glance. I recently broke up a LOT of my Stampin Up sets (the horror) and organized my stamps by occasion and type. I had gotten the point where I didn't even know which stamps I had and even knowing I had a stamp, didn't guarantee I could find it. LOL Now, I just have to go to the LABELED drawer and I can find it pretty quickly! In these drawers, I have embellishments, glitter, adhesives, stamps, paper and more! Note there are some EMPTY drawers. I made room to grow... LOL

Here is a peek inside my chocolate stamps drawer.
Here is a peek inside one of my animal drawers.

Here is a set of 2, 6 foot chrome shelves. I LOVE this storage. Previously, I used some cheap plastic shelves from Walmart. When we were moving, my hubby said I "had" to get better shelves to hold all my things. LOL I chose these because they are only $50 a piece and they hold lots of stuff!
Check out what I was able to do with my lever punches! I LOVE that they fit in the "holes" of the shelf! I was able to fan them out and can see EVERY punch I have without having to open a ton of drawers (my previous storage for them). I can remove any punch without having to move another punch and they are just to the right of where I sit to stamp so they are at arms reach. YAY for the new punch storage. That is one of my favorite things about my new room. I also have some more frequently used things under that shelf. On the bottom shelf, I placed all my BG stamps. I was tired of digging through drawers for those. I used my DYMO label maker to label all the stamps so I can see what is there. I "stick" my CHF backgrounders to the sticker side of my SU BG stamps and leave them there. I also labeled the CHF backgrounders on the block. If I ever remove them, I will just have to remove the sticker and re-do it. I am excited to be able to grab any BG stamp I need now! I also placed my sewing machine (plugged in) on the shelf. If I need it, I can just grab it and place it on my stamp table to use, then put it back.


I am mildly embarrassed about this picture. LOL This is some of my alterables. LOL EEEK! What in the world was I thinking?!?!?! In my last stamp room, most of this stuff was shoved in a closet. Now that I can see what I have, I plan to use them more. :) The little "tower" to left of the shelves contain my daughter's stamps and things. They have their own area, but I do let them use pretty much anything in my stamp room. Yes, even the ribbon. :)


Here is a view from the doorway. You can see some drawers that hold more alterables, child memories and ribbon. On top of the drawers, I have my CD player and gifts I have been sent by friends. The painting was given to me by my son last year. He painted it in art class.

Another view from the doorway. My hubby's game room is through the doorway. We plan to divide it somehow (curtain?).
2, 6-foot tables. The one closest in the picture is for my girls. That is their personal tool caddy and paper trimmer. :) My table is on the far side.
Alterables drawers, stereo, gifties :)
More alterables, ribbon and gifties. :)

My Cuttlebug area. I was adament that I have a space that is dedicated to this. Trying to clear an area to use my CB on was getting REALLY OLD! LOL Now I have my nesties, CB dies and CB ready for action!

This is how I store my card stock. This picture is bugging me. I think I need to use my label maker to print out the names and then stick in ON the color of CS it is labeling. Note to self: get on this ASAP!

This is how I store my scraps. I have one drawer for white/vanilla, black/grey and each color family. The tote on the top houses my "in color" scraps. I recently labeled them so my girls would be able to find scraps to match the inks they choose. I also labeled my color caddies so they would know what to look for. :)

If you've made it this far... thanks for reading. :) If you saw something you would like an explanation for, please feel free to e-mail me at texasjodylynn@yahoo.com and I would be happy to give you more details or take a close up shot. :)

I have stamped a little bit, so I should have some goodies to share soon! I am also working on the sticky sale and should be posting that this coming week. :)

Stay tuned! :)

55 comments:

  1. OK.. That room it too awesome.. When my boys have finally flown the coop I am getting me one of those!! You should give tours.. that room is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crafty spaces shares!! The punch shelf is amazing. I have mine all lined up on a curtain rod (I don't have as many as you) But they are handy and that's the best way to store these. I am like you too I like my stuff out where I can see it. I buy clear organizers whenever I can. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great! We're moving this summer to Houston, so I've had to put all of my stamps and stuff away to show the house. Argghhh! I can't wait to get into a new room!

    By the way, I split up my SU stamps by theme too. It works so much better for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your room looks great!
    congrats on getting all organized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody your room is fantabulous!!! I love it - you lucky girl! I'm glad to hear you are getting the house organized since your move! Girl, I am not looking forward to my move after the divorce is final - there is soooo much crapt! haha talk to ya soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody your room is sooo wonderful! I am in the mist of moving mine from the small office to the spare bedroom. I think I will use some of your ideas but I do not have nearly as much space! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the space! Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody, omg u r so organized....makes me feel really bad...i will have to send u a pic of my room...where do u find the time or the energy..?? congrats on the move hugs to the kiddos cant wait to see you at sst...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great room! Love how everything is so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great room! Love how everything is so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWWW Jody, your room is amazing, I feel so bad, I had only 1% of everything you have and even less:(
    Anyhow, I love your room, it is amazing, all your organization levels are awesome.

    Congratulations for that wonderful space.

    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am jealous!! Currently, my stamp room is IN my dining room!! I recently acquired a desk with hutch and filing cabinet so I added to an un-used corner of my dining room. Drives my husband crazy. I seriously need to clear out the kid's play room and make it MY play room! Congratulations.
    ~Lacey Stephens
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man oh man! This IS truly a stamper's paradise! I know you will enjoy your room SO much! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy stamp room, Jody!!!!! That is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm SO jealous! I read your entire post picking up helpful ways to store things. Do you have an insurance policy on your stamp room? Seriously, you have LOTS of stuff. Love how you made your stamp room practical for making all your creations. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is *drool*!! Have fun in that new room!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! you're in texas right? Can I come play at your house? :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geez, that looks really roomy! I'm jealous!! Happy that you have the "proper" space that every crafter should have?!?!? I participated in your last sticky sale, and didn't ever get around to thanking you for that great opportunity! Very generous of you to share w/the blog "stalkers." LOL! Congrats on your "move" and dig in!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a room you have!! It is so big and so clean.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have to say this stamp room ROCKS! I would love to have my room this clean and have it stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jody...I'm so happy for you! It's so neat you and your daughters have a space to work in together, too! Thanks for sharing all your organization ideas. I keep working on my space and like you, I have found certain things that work...and keep working and others still need to be re-vamped. The clear storage IS useful, and affordable...I'd rather spend my $$ on fun craft suppies, than on pretty cabinets!
    Thanks again for taking the time to post all of this. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! I love this space. If I could be HALF this organized, I'd be happy...lol
    Love those metal shelves. Been eyeing them too and it's nice to see the punches lined up like that...awesome1

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see it IRL!

    Hope to see you soon,
    Doris


    My german Blog:
    http://dorisstempelt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome Jodi! I'm so jealous you have your own room! And three color caddies! Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm jealous :) We are currently in a rental waiting to find the perfect home for us since moving back to Cali...I have strict requirements on what I want for my future craft room :) I now am using the dining area...getting pretty old...so I hope we find a place soon. Thanks for sharing yours with us. I always get great ideas when I see someone else's room.

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Jody,
    I just love your new stamp room!! My room is shared with a extra bedroom, so whenever someone comes to visit, I have to clean up and lose my space!! I love how organized you are too...totally amazing!! Bet you will be able to make lots of awesome cards now!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so awesome, Jody! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!! (Where's all your ribbon? Did I miss that?)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous!! You are so organized. You have just reminded me to post my pics of my room. I guess you will have to come by my blog and check it out!!

    TFS
    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. THAT is AMAZING!!! i have all my things stuffed into one small hall closet and have to dig things out to use them!
    You are brave to seperate your stamp sets...but i can sort of understand that...although i am not sure my OCD would let me do that! lol. congrats on the room and THANKS for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You Luck Girl!!! This is an amazing stamping room. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your room is utterly fantastic...and so organized!!! I am going to steal the idea of how your store your cardstock scraps....awesome idea!! Congrats on your new stamping space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing room and love your plastic organizing drawers. I love that your sewing machine is plugged in and ready.

    How do you organize your ribbon? By color, brand, type?

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks great but...WHERE'S THE RIBBON!! LOL I see it in drawers!! Enjoy your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Welcome back Jody ~ I certainly missed your posts while you were away moving :(
    Your room is REMARKABLE! I love how you've split up your sets of stamps, including SU's [[still in shock!ha]] and categorized them. It is a work of art... truely.
    Now can you come and do my room too !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow I am so jealous, your craft room is so organised. I wish I lived near you so you could come and organise me too :) Enjoy stamping in your new room. Lots of love, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMGoodness! You are so organized, and I'm a hundred different shades of green with envy!!! Seriously, I NEED you to come up and organize me. And then enable me to buy more stuff, since that's one of the things you do best! Hope you're loving your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow it looks awesome! Congrats on your new stamping 'elbow room' :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! I love your organization. Congrats on your new room. Your tower of power is SO awesome!?! I understand the table piled with schtuff. I stamp in my dining room...UGH. We may be moving soon and my one requirement is a stamp room. My stamp space wants to be like yours when it grows up! Thanks for the inspiration, :0)

    ReplyDelete
  38. And I thought I had alot of stuff.

    You put me to shame.

    Great room though

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jody, I have to say that I am glad to see someone being realistic in a scraproom!
    I mean, do those gals not realize that with all the thousands of dollars they spend on custom cabinetry and countertops they could use that money for MORE STAMP & SCRAPPIN' STUFFFFFF??? LOL!
    I LOVE your room! I am in the middle of re-vamping mine just a bit so that I don't feel so cluttered, too! GREAT WORK!
    OH, and yes, a tension rod (even a shower curtain rod) in the doorway would be PERFECT!
    You could hang a clear vinyl cover in front of colored fabric, and make a bunch of sewn 12 x 12 pockets to put favorite scrapbook pages, or just make them card size to give you a wall of cards for inspiration and decoration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. im so jealous lol, this is a fantastic amount of stash wow!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So happy to hear you got moved and settled in! Your stampin space looks awesome... I wanna come play! :) Hugs...
    Sherri aka sherristampsalot

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your room! Everything is so organized, that really makes it so much easier to use the supplies that "you just have to have"!

    A little tip before you break out your label maker for all of that paper. SU! sells labels for their ink pads (item #109554, (page 193 of the catty)! I used these to label my paper also. I just cut a piece of cardstock to the size of the tab, and adhered the label to that. When you order, you get two sets for $3.95! It is a great deal, and your fingers will thank me : )

    Hugs,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love your room! Everything is so organized, that really makes it so much easier to use the supplies that "you just have to have"!

    A little tip before you break out your label maker for all of that paper. SU! sells labels for their ink pads (item #109554, (page 193 of the catty)! I used these to label my paper also. I just cut a piece of cardstock to the size of the tab, and adhered the label to that. When you order, you get two sets for $3.95! It is a great deal, and your fingers will thank me : )

    Hugs,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, what an awesome room Jody! You can come help me organize any time! :D Even better, I'll come over to your house to play! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Um, WAY more room than you used to have girl!!! How awesome for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a great new room, Jody -- plenty of stampin' space for buddies, too! I love those clear drawers, too, and use them for all of my SU stamps and embellishments! Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh, yeah -- I meant to say that I'm embarrassed that I still haven't gotten organized enough in my "new" (10 month)-old house to take photos of my new studio yet . . . kuddos to you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop with all that lot - I wouldn't know where to start! Looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  49. Congrats Jody on getting moved AND organized! TFS pics of your room - so fun to see!

    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congrats Jody on getting moved AND organized! TFS pics of your room - so fun to see!

    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am so jealous!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow!!! First time visitor to your blog and i have to say this room is fantastic! I have those chrome shelves too and looking at your pics you can clearly fit another shelf in there above your punches!! :) Go for it, have more of your goodies out on show. LOL
    Am super jealous, my craft space amounts to a desk about 3ft by 18 inches with little room to do anything :( (drifting off into a dreamlike state wishing I had your space...)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I LOVE that you have a CHOCOLATE drawer! I've got chocolate, but not enough for a drawer yet (now if we're talking about the real stuff, that's a different story). Great room - my sister keeps trying to get me to swap my craft room and bedroom because the bedroom is larger. It's tempting - but so much work, that it makes me tired thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your room is super neat - just wondering whether you have classes in your room or is that only for you/your girls to play? Also, since you divide up your SU stamps by categories, what do you do when you plan to sell your sets?

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'm not jealous....OK, I am.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
 
Pin It button on image hover